Siobhán has been teaching Pregnancy Yoga since 2006. She is a mother of three children and has utilised yoga techniques throughout her pregnancies and during labour and childbirth. Siobhán draws on her professional training , personal birth experiences and teaching experience to deliver her courses. She has had two home births and a hospital birth.
Siobhán will soon deliver birth preparation workshops to expectant couples.
About Yoga for Pregnancy
Pregnancy Yoga incorporates a range of safe, gentle postures and
movements specifically adapted for pregnancy and aims to prepare you for
labour and delivery.
Siobhán also utilises breathwork techniques (pranayama), sound, and
relaxation techniques encouraging inner calm and harmony.
Benefits of Yoga for Pregnancy
- Improved flexibility, stength and muscle tone
- Improved posture
- Relieve or minimise discomforts of pregnancy: heartburn, lower back
pain, sciatica, leg cramps, insomnia and tiredness
- Increase strength and elasticity of pelvic floor muscles
- Focus mind through breathing and meditation techniques
- Enhance mood and well being
- Build strength and stamina for labour